What are the differences between the AiM Solo 2 and the new AiM Solo 2 DL?
The DL stands for engine and vehicle data download. If you have a modern vehicle, your AiM Solo 2 DL can extract your engine and chassis data and extrapolate that information for a better understanding of not just driver performance, but vehicle performance and health.
The 3 Different types of Solo 2 DL:
- AiM Solo 2 DL with OBD cable: This AiM system includes a cable to connect to your vehicles OBD-2 port and gather vehicle data on top of your GPS and accelerometer data. To see if your vehicle is one of the 1,000+ supported Engine Control Unit protocols CLICK HERE.
- AiM Solo 2 DL with RS232/CAN cable: This AiM system includes a cable to connect directly (hard wire) to your vehicles ecu wiring harness. On some vehicles the data given to the OBD port is “filtered” or not as rich as the direct ecu connection. Just like the OBD cable, here is a list of supported Engine Control Unit protocols CLICK HERE.
- AiM Solo 2 DL with RPM cable: This AiM system includes a cable that includes a digital input allowing the Solo 2 DL to log either a square wave signal (8-50V each signal) or pulse signals (150-450 V ignition coil trigger – primary circuit). This is used on older vehicles like the NA and NB Miata. Also perfect for your 70 Chevelle SS with a 454 and points distributor. If you have an older vehicle not on the supported ECU protocols listed above, this is your best choice to log RPM data.
AiM Solo 2 DL Improvements:
- GPS: Ability to use both GPS and Glonass allowing for faster power up
- Lap accuracy: with up to 2/100 sec of tollerance
- Backlight: 7 color options
- Auto Learning: If you are at a new track, the AiM Solo 2 will auto learn the course
- RGB LEDs: RGB (Red/Blue/Green) LEDs are user configurable
- Recall: On screen data recall for easy quick review
- Wi-Fi: Download via Wi-Fi without cables
- iPhone connection: Data download ot your iPhone