BCS-08 GiroDisc Stud Kit – this is for one axle.
- Girodisc caliper studs are a direct replacement for the OEM caliper bolts.
- If you are not familiar with, or confident that you understand how to replace the caliper bolts with studs please have a certified mechanic perform the installation.
- Always be sure to use appropriate jack stands and wheel chocks while working on a supported vehicle. Work on only one end of the vehicle at a time. A floor jack is NOT a jack stand!!
- Remove the OEM caliper bolts and secure the brake caliper out of the way in the wheel well. There may be a fastener securing the brake line that will need to be removed as well to allow the caliper to slide all the way off the brake rotor.
- Use the provided thread chaser to clean the threads in each of the two holes in the upright.
- Take the Girodisc stud and apply the provided medium strength threadlocker to the M12 threads that will go into the upright.
- Thread the stud into the upright by hand, once you can no longer tighten it with your hand use an 8mm socket and torque wrench and torque each stud to 10 ft-lbs.
- Once both of the studs are secured in the upright apply some of the provided ARP assembly lube to the top M11 portion of the threads.
- Place the caliper back onto the upright over the studs.
- Place one of the provided washers and nuts over each one of the studs and thread them on finger tight.
- Torque each of the nuts holding the caliper on to 50 ft-lbs.