Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit (Rear CP9451/340mm)- Porsche 987, 981, 718 Boxster & Cayman
Part #: 13.01.10055
Brand: Essex & AP Racing
Complete rear Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for the Porsche 987 (2005-2011) Boxster S & Cayman S, all 981 (2013-2015) Boxster and Cayman, except for GT4, and 718 Cayman S & Boxster S.
- Retains OEM parking brake functionality
- Eliminates unsprung lbs. from rear of car
- Features AP Racing CP9451 Radi-CAL four piston calipers
- 340x28mm, 60 vane AP Racing disc
- Every component designed to resist the heat of extended track sessions
- Pistons sized properly to allow for seamless integration with OEM master cylinder and ABS system
- Designed to complement our front 986/987 Front Essex/AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition BBK
What’s included in the box?
- One pair AP Racing CP9451 Radi-CAL Pro5000R racing calipers
- One pair 340x28mm AP Racing CP3864, 60 vane, J Hook racing discs, with fully floating 6061 hard anodized aluminum hats and attachment hardware
- One pair caliper mounting brackets and hardware
- One pair Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with abrasion resistant coating
- Detailed installation instructions
- Brake pads are NOT included with our system. Racing brake pads are a highly personal choice. Many manufacturers include a set of inexpensive, low quality pads with their brake kits. Rather than artificially inflating the price of our system with a set of pads you probably don’t want anyway, we’ve decided to remove the cost from our system and allow our customers to choose the pads that best suit their needs/wants. When purchasing our kit, you are able to choose one set of front pads at a substantial discount vs. the retail price. Please use the drop-down menu to select your pads.
- Pad Tension Clips (frequently referred to as anti-rattle clips) are NOT included with our Competition Kits, but we do offer them as an option if you’re concerned about NVH. One of the great benefits of the AP Racing calipers in our system is that they are designed to accommodate pads from a wide range of manufacturers. Each manufacturer builds their pads with specifications that are slightly different. As such, pads from different manufacturers, or even from different batches, won’t always fit in the calipers in exactly the same manner. Some pads are a snug fit, while others may rattle around and produce noise. The Essex Designed Pad Tension Kit is designed to dramatically reduce pad movement inside the caliper, along with just about all resulting noise. Please note that each caliper requires one Pad Tension Kit. If you need enough tension blocks for both of your calipers, you need to order two of these kits!